Doing Business in Thailand
SATCC Website – www.satcc.info
The SATCC website is the major communications vehicle for the chamber with all members receiving event notices by e-mail. Reports on various topics are posted and archived on the site thus giving members access to a wide range of reports and other useful information 24-hours a day anywhere in the world.
- Joint SATCC/South African Embassy Networking Evenings – these are organised jointly with the South African Embassy – especially when they can coincide with visiting trade missions. Sponsored by SATCC members, they provide an excellent opportunity for networking.
- Networking Evenings – sometimes combined with other chambers, are hosted at the various facilities of member companies and are open to non-members thus widening the networking base for members and providing public relations exposure for the host.
- Briefings and Presentations – Organised for when speakers present subjects of specific interest to a small group of members or if members wish to present their company’s services.
- Special SATCC Luncheons – Subject to the availability of high-profile speakers – usually Thai Ministers, senior officials or senior executives visiting from South Africa. SATCC Committee Lunches are also held on a regular basis addressing subjects across a wide range of areas including Property & Infrastructure, IT & Internet, Human Resources, Insurance etc.
- Dinners – Usually organised when a senior government or private sector representative as a guest speaker or when SATCC is hosting a combined Chambers’ event.
Thai Language Functions
Training Seminars – Organised in tandem with member companies, these are designed to provide Thai employees with some new ideas on a wide range of skill-based and computer-related subjects.
Members can utilise the experience and knowledge of the SATCC Board of Directors for face-to-face meetings with visitors from overseas, business colleagues, new arrivals in Thailand, etc.
The SATCC is an active member of the Board of Trade of Thailand. This organisation lobbies the Thai government on a wide range of issues affecting foreign chamber members. As stated above, we also have close links with many other foreign chambers.
Many SATCC members support their own specific Charities. However, for those who wish to contribute, the Chamber actively backs the Rhino Orphanage in South Africa and the Rice Seeds Child Sponsorship programme here in Thailand.
On the commercial side this can include paid advertising on the SATCC website. Other publicity vehicles include annual sponsorship or that of a one-off event, preparation of an appropriate article for the website, company profile, press release, hosting a factory or site visit etc.
Overseas trade missions have been organized to Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia and the Philippines over the last few years.
Thai companies with investment opportunities in South Africa
In addition to all the aforementioned benefits, SATCC provides a range of services for potential new Thai members who have an interest in doing business in South Africa or are looking for South African contacts and/or partners.
SATCC can provide a wealth of information for companies requiring statistical, business and economic data. The chamber can also help with business matching and address searches both in Thailand and South Africa.
Sports & Social
The SATCC is proud to be closely associated with Jabulani which is the South African Social Club in Bangkok. Together, along with the South African embassy, we organize and participate in many various events and activities throughout the year.